Monday, February 14, 2005

This love is unearthed

I reached out for you
tonight and I cried,
I cried for the want of
you touching me,
the want of me
craving you.

I see you before me even though
we sit quietly alone and so apart,
separated by those who
would separate our hearts.

I long for the closeness
of our hearts and those
touches our souls have
grown to need from the other.
In finding such softness as
that between you and I.

How we long for the
feel of the others skin
The sound of our hearts,
beating together but separated
still in search of the other.

I love you more now than an
hour ago or that of a day
or even a week passed.
This love is unearthed
by those eruptions of
loneliness and all
together the battles
of loveless-ness.

@


http://allpoetry.com/Poem/1061745

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

This reminds me of someone; someone I love dearly but cannot be with due to circumstance. The second I started reading it reminded me of him and now I am, once again, filled with an ache to be with him.

You have a way with words.

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is I, who'd like to hold you,
more than ever, but apart,
all that pain, made me struggle,
because twice you broke my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed in LS Blogs